Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some time catching up with friends (old and new)!
Grab a cup of coffee and share with us! What’s been going on in your life? What are your weekend plans? Is there a topic you’ve just been ruminating on that you want to talk about?
Welcome to the weekend!
It’s been quite the week, and I’ve got a pretty full weekend ahead. So, of course, there are a bunch of things I want to do – and a ton of things I want to write more about – but I just don’t currently have the time. Hopefully I’ll be able to carve some out in the coming week (and maybe over the weekend) to get some writing done about it all. I do miss the days when I could just push myself, stay up till all hours, and then be up again in the morning to start going again. But, alas, I am far too old for that.
In the meantime, some of the things I’m hoping to write more about:
- I saw Miss Saigon on Wednesday night with some friends. I’ve seen it a few times – though they’ve redone it a bit since the last time I saw it. One of my friends basically grew up listening to the music, but it was completely new to the other two. The production was spectacular, but I’ve got a bit of reflecting on it to do — the changes that they made (and maybe the nature of seeing it with other people, both previous times I’ve seen it I was at the theater solo) made the show hit me a bit differently, it seemed more powerful.
- My undergrad school is continuing to make moves to shutting down, and they’ve announced a plan for what will happen that leaves a lot up in the air. There are a lot of emotions swirling around that.
- This Saturday I’m going to the Portland Book Festival, which I’m really looking forward to. I’m sure I’ll have lots to share at that – but hopefully will at least do some sharing on Instagram during it.
- My dad is going to be in town for a memorial service for a friend of his, so I’ll be connecting with him Sunday morning for coffee before my normal Game and then volunteering.
- Monday work is closed for Veteran’s Day – my plan (scheduled AGES ago) is to do some MUCH needed clean-out and reorganizing of our garage in hopes of actually being able to put the space to use. I have a dentist appointment smack in the middle of it, so may see if I can finagle a ride from a friend in exchange for buying them lunch – because we are still without a car.
- I really need to start working on my NaNo writing. Haven’t gotten a word down yet. But I’m also working on an editing job that needs to get done – so somehow I’m going to carve out time for that as well, and for some of the holiday-crafting I still need to get done.
So, that’s me at this point. What are you up to? What plans do you have?