#WeekendCoffeeShare: Unexpected Week

wordswag_15073188796611453091488.pngWeekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some time catching up with friends (old and new)!

Grab a cup of coffee and share with us!  What’s been going on in your life?  What are your weekend plans?  Is there a topic you’ve just been ruminating on that you want to talk about?

All are welcome! Just add your link to the Linky-List, and be sure to visit others and join in their conversations!  The link will be open from when this post goes up until Monday February 26th at 7pm (Pacific Time) to give us a good range of “weekend”!

If we were having coffee I’d first apologize for being late here.  This week… oh this week….

So, last I talked to you I was planning to see to a show, and then go visit my sister, brother-in-law, and niece. The show was spectacular – our seats were pretty inexpensive because they were partially obstructed, which means there were some pieces of the stage we couldn’t see, and the acoustics where we were weren’t the best – but I had so much fun with the show!  It was awesome to get together with this group of friends, and then to watch the show together.

The next morning I was up bright and early to catch a train to go up north. It was so much fun to see them, but all of us were a bit low on energy.  By the time I started home on Monday morning I had a pretty severe pain below my rib — which made the trip home really challenging.

I got home, and pretty much went straight to Urgent Care.

At Urgent Care I ended up having a Vasovagal Syncope episode. It was super scary – I was alone in the doctors office, and — you see that list of symptoms on the linked page? I had them ALL. And had no idea what was happening.

Luckily the doctor came in, helped to ease the symptoms and kept me from passing out. We realized I hadn’t really eaten since breakfast, and hadn’t had very much to drink. So they decided that I needed some more hydration — which led to desperate attempts to get an IV into my rolling veins… I have the bruises on the back of my hand still.

Finally, a few hours later, full of water, they sent me home. Saying that the rib pain I’d gone in with was probably something muscular and would go away with some rest.

Two days later, no relief, so I went to my doctor. We’re now investigating the possibility of something related to my gallbladder. I’ve been out of work all week, and unable to do much beyond laying in bed. A little moving around has been possible, but only a little.

And that, my friends, has been my week.  And is going to be my weekend. Seriously, I’m just going to do my best to lay-low, hope that the pain subsides enough for me to manage through at least a partial day of work on Monday. I had an ultrasound today, but haven’t heard on the results on that so we’ll see what they have to say on Monday.

How are you doing? What has your week been like?  What do you have planned for the coming days?


11 thoughts on “#WeekendCoffeeShare: Unexpected Week

  1. Pingback: Weekend Coffee Share – NorCal Zen

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.