I’m raiding my undergraduate thesis for this one… I struggled so very much to figure out what I would pick because there is a part of me that is an educator and I most certainly overthought it… And then I decided to go with one of the lists I’d already come up with!
It’s been a while since my undergraduate years, so it’s also a little of a flashback to 2003 since there may be some changes if I were to redo this list now…
- Night, by Elie Wiesel.
- The Cage, by Ruth Minsky Sender.
- Frederich, by Hans Peter Richter.
- I Was There, by Hans Peter Richter.
- The Upstairs Room, by Johanna Reiss.
- Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry.
- Journey to America, by Sonia Levitin.
- Touch Wood: A Girlhood in Occupied France, by Renee Roth-Hano.
- Hide and Seek. By Ida Vos.
- The Devil’s Arithmetic. by Jane Yolen.
What would be on your list?