Today’s post is a part of the Weekend Coffee Share, graciously hosted by Part Time Monster every weekend. A time for us to come together, share a cup of coffee (or our beverage of choice) to share some of what is going on in our lives. It’s a lovely check-in!
If we were having coffee I’d tell you a little about what I learned yesterday:
- Sometimes a bagel doesn’t fit into a toaster because it is a bagel and they can be oddly shaped.
- Sometimes, however, the bagel does not fit because there is actually a little heel of another type of bread down in the toaster that someone else forgot about.
- If there are small flames coming out of the toaster and someone else is around my first response is to calmly ask, “What do you do for a toaster fire?”
- Unplugging the toaster is always a good place to start.
- Putting a pizza pan over the top of the toaster will not cut off the air circulation enough to put out the flames.
- Blowing out the flames, though, can help do what the pizza pan could not.
- The colors of hot fire are really pretty and I kind of wish I could have captured them to look at more closely (I did not).
Thankfully the only casualty was half a bagel and that heel of bread, the toaster fared fine, as did the half a bagel that was NOT in the burning-side.
That was the big excitement of the week – what a way to start out my Friday…. Luckily the rest of the day went smoothly.
I’d tell you I’ve slowed down on my edits, but am still trudging along. I’m liking the changes I’m making, and part of the reason I’m going so slowly is because I’m really trying to think about what needs to be done, how to do it well and then doing it. Yup, this is the revision where no gaps are allowed, where the story makes sense and flows properly. Then I can give it to those first readers for their first impressions.
What have you been up to? How are you doing?