Today’s post is a part of the Weekend Coffee Share, graciously hosted by Part Time Monster every weekend. A time for us to come together, share a cup of coffee (or our beverage of choice) to share some of what is going on in our lives. It’s a lovely check-in!
If we were having coffee I would tell you that I’m pretty exhausted. The week went well, but it was busy and wore me out. Thankfully, this isn’t my first run at a week like this so I knew that I’d be worn out. I was prepared!
I got a lot of awesome writing work done last weekend, and told myself that I don’t have to write any more until Monday — I gave myself the week (and this weekend) off! I did do some re-reading of the first half of the novel I’m working on, making notes of things that need to be adjusted, cut, expanded or explained. But mostly I read A Dirty Job (For the Lazy Lambs Book Club) and listened to music, and zoned out (and complained a bit on twitter about the ridiculously long commutes.. not sure what was up with traffic and the transit system this week but, wow).
This weekend I’m going to read more! I have a wine-tasting outing Saturday morning, and then it’s going to be time for my to run my last-minute readathon 🙂 Not sure if anyone will be reading with me — being so last minute and all — but I’ll be reading and rambling away even if it’s just me! I’m looking forward to putting my book-nook to use again this weekend!
If we were having coffee I’d tell you that I was really pleased with how Passionate Geeks is going! I had my first guest poster this month, and am really pleased with the growing interest in the series.
I’d also tell you I’m excited for the upcoming Taliana event: A garden party in July!
If we were having coffee I’d tell you that Lori MacLaughlin, of Writing, Reading and the Pursuit of Dreams nominated me for the Creative Blogger award!
The rules for this award:
- Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify them.
- Pass on the rules.
I tend to not nominate people, so if you want, consider yourself nominated! I really enjoyed the answers that people shared for my last blog award!
If we were having coffee I would share five facts….
- One of my favorite pieces of artwork is a silly coloring page a friend drew for the kids we worked with, colored by another friend.
- I recently rediscovered Rock Paper Cynics “A Defense of Teddy Bears” which now hangs on the wall behind my desk… I find such truth in it.
- I have a lamp named Pie, a space heater named Turtle, and once had a refrigerator named Roberto. [Edited ’cause someone with a better memory than me corrected me 🙂 ]
- I have an extremely hard time describing people, it’s a huge challenge in my writing.
- The only time I have ever ridden on a snowmobile was during a blizzard.
What are five