Is it cheating to include some writerly friends that I would love to hang out with in person, or visit again?
No, it isn’t?
1) Rebecca Croteau. She writes awesome stuff, she is a kick to follow on twitter, and one of those special people who can look at me when I say I’m doing “fine,” ask “How are you really doing?” and get me to admit how I’m doing… even if I had convinced myself I was doing fine. 🙂
2) Allison Maruska. I’ve had the opportunity to read both The Fourth Descendant (which I loved!) and a not-quite-released-yet work of hers. Plus she’s contributed to some of the Taliana adventures (including a collaboration!) It would be fun to sit down over coffee and chat.
3) ALL my other writing friends. I know I’d miss someone if I listed them all so… you are ALL included here… The ones I’ve only talked with online, the ones that I have gotten to hang out with in person… I like to imagine the fun conversations we could all have.
4) Victor Hugo. I’m really curious what a conversation with him would be like. I’d love to get more insight into his life, to hear his thoughts on matters…. yes, I’m assuming ultimate translation and time travel possibilities for this list.
6) Louisa May Alcott. Little Woman had such an impact on me when I was little, and what I have read about her life is interesting…. I’d love to sit for a chat.
7) Patricia Wrede. I didn’t know of her books until I was out of college, but I have devoured them. I have so many questions for her, about her writing method, her style, how she goes about her world-building….
8) Rick Riordan. I think it would be fun to talk to him about the series he’s written. I’m also curious about his process, how much advance planning he did for the series arcs… things like that.
9) Mark Twain. Not sure what to say about that… I think it would be interesting to talk to him.