Hosted by Lexa Cain, L.G. Keltner of Writing Off the Edge, and Katie of The Cyborg Mom, Celebrate the Small Things is a time when we all take a moment to celebrate something good from our week. It can be small, it can be big, just something to look back on the week and celebrate!
Today I am celebrating the fact that I have sick leave… Since I’m sitting here at home today with a killer-cold. Ugh.
I am also celebrating that earlier this week I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Aspernatus.
I’m honored to have been selected for this award, thank you! This award asks for 7 random facts about me… so here it goes.
1) I am primarily a pacifist/non-violence advocate. Except when it comes to ants. I have spent the past few days gleefully squishing and vacuuming ants that have chosen to try and invade my (new) room.
2) I am absolutely terrible at coming up with things for this kind of thing. Random facts about myself? How do I pick them? What’s interesting? What will others find interesting? I suppose I tend to over-think things, there’s a fact about me.
3) I love the rain. Honestly. I don’t like standing out in it while waiting for the bus, I don’t like how it soaks my shoes and gets me soaking wet (despite using an umbrella). But I love the sound of it on the window, the sight of it splashing in puddles and — if I am able — to dance in it when it’s warm out. As long as I can return to warmth after.
4) I love artwork, but am not very good at the visual arts myself. So instead I surround myself with artwork by friends and family. I treasure the paintings, pictures, drawings, and sketches that I have bought and been gifted with by my friends.
5) I miss snow. Yes, I know that those of you who are out there being buried under massive amounts of snow — but I miss it. Lots. I know that I never had to shovel it (apartment living) or drive in it (no car) and even my need to walk in it was minimal (living places where sidewalk plows were quick to action), but I just love the softness it gives to everything, and the way it brightens the landscape.
6) I have always been an academic nerd. When I was in preschool (which was really a playschool) I got the chicken pox and was out for a while. When I got back I insisted that I had to do all the homework I had missed before I could go out to recess — so my teacher had to come up with homework for me to do! (Bless her, she was a great teacher!)
7) I did ballet for 11 years, and still love to dance — though I’m only good when there’s choreography (even if I make it up myself). Stick me on a dance-floor with a bunch of people and music I have no idea what to do.
I tend to not tag people to give the awards too… instead, if you feel you are a versatile blogger feel free to consider yourself tagged — I know that I know a great many bloggers deserving of this award!