Friday! And Friday is a day to Celebrate the Small Stuff.
It’s been a strange little week for me (plan to share more “over coffee” this weekend), but for today….
Three days ago a most excellent and amazing friend of mine challenged me on Facebook to name 3 things I am grateful for, each day for 3 days. I was a bit grumpy when she challenged me (sorry about that, you know I love you), but it’s been a good little exercise.
Thought those would be good to share for my Small-Things Celebration today (though they are not all terribly small).
1) That I have awesome friends, who drag me out, force me to try new things, and sometimes even convince me to have irresponsible moments. You know who you are, and yes, I am grateful.
2) That I have awesome friends who give me good feedback and support when I do things that are frightening to me. Who encourage me and help me feel okay(ish) when I take risks of various sorts.
3) That I have awesome friends that will call me on it when I am in the wrong in some way (especially in ways that allow me to fix it), because I know that they care enough about me that they can say it like it is — even when I can’t necessarily see it like it is.
1) A job where my strengths are recognized, encouraged and put to use.
2) Living in a city that encourages the arts and tries to provide free opportunities for people to engage with the arts.
3) The well-rounded, and sometimes very diversified, education I have been able to pursue and receive.
1) Healthy days, and that I have learned to listen to my body and know when I have pushed too much and am moving towards having not-so-healthy days so I can take care of myself and prevent a crash.
2) The beauty that surrounds me. I have been so fortunate to be surrounded by beauty in the places I have lived during my life, natural beauty and man-made beauty.
3) That I am able to provide love and support for my friends. That I have been able to be someone that they know they can go to when there is trouble in their life, or when they need an ear or shoulder. That, though I may sometimes not hear from someone for a while, may not know the details of everyday life, when something major happens my friends know that I am there for them. And to know that they are there for me. To have had the opportunity to create such deep bonds… I am so grateful, every day.
This is a blog-hop! Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…